|Parody World: Monster Party|
|Platform||Nintendo Entertainment System|
|Planned Release Date||1989|
|Also Known As||Monster Party|
Parody World: Monster Party (パロディワールドモンスターパーティー, Parodi Wārudo: Monsutā Pātī) is the cancelled Famicom version of Monster Party, which was only released in North America. The prototype cartridge sold on Yahoo! Japan on May 26, 2011 for ¥483000 (approximately $6000 at the time). On July 3, 2014, the ROM was finally leaked to the public.
- The blood on the title screen is green in the North American version and red in the Japanese version.
- Dracula was changed from a humanoid to a bat.
- The eggs in Round 2 originally released Alien facehuggers, which were changed to bubbles for the North American release.
- An enemy from Round 7 was changed to lower its resemblance to Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th. It also took 48 hits to kill in the Japanese version, but only 8 in the North American version.
- The ghost enemies in Round 7 were changed from jiangshi to more western-styled ghosts in the North American release, likely because players wouldn't recognize them otherwise.
- The Man-Eating Plant boss from the North American version was originally based on Audrey II from The Little Shop of Horrors.
- The boss's projectile was changed from a music note to a bubble.
- The Pumpkin-Ghost was originally an ape soldier as a reference to Planet of the Apes.
- The boss's projectile was changed from a bullet to a jack-o-lantern.
- Medusa was changed from a humanoid (closer to her original mythological appearance) to a snake, possibly due to censorship.
- The Guardian of the Giant Sphinx was originally a mummy, likely as a reference to The Mummy.
- The Giant Spider was originally a distorted face with insect legs, likely a reference to The Thing.
- The Giant Cat was originally a Mogwai from Gremlins.
- The Mad Javelin Man originally resembled Daimajin.
- The Grim Reaper was originally a Xenomorph from the Alien franchise.
- The boss's projectile was changed from a facehugger to a flaming skull.